Total Pageviews

Thursday 30 August 2012

My first real soccer match

Last night I was lucky enough to go see my very first professional soccer match. I went with my host brother and a few of his friends, it was at the new stadium in Lille. The game was Lille vs Copenhagen (Denmark). We had awesome tickets, we were right behind the goals. My host brother gave me a jersey of his and a scarf to wear, so I looked like a real Lille fan. The stadium was so big, and there were so many people. The cheer squads were massive, it was pretty funny, because I didn't know any of the cheers they were singing. (I had never heard of them considering they were all in French), so when everyone would go a bit cheer together, I would just mumble something out loud and throw my arms in the air. It was an awesome game, Lille won 2 - 0, I just loved the atmosphere of the whole game. The French take soccer so serious, and they get really into the game. Apart from the soccer, there is a lot going on at the moment. All of the new exchange students from the Northern Hemisphere arrived in France on Tuesday, I still haven't had the chance to meet up with them but I will meet them all next weekend at our first rotary get-together. This Sunday I will be changing to my 3rd and final host family, I have already met them and they are really nice too. It is going to be sad leaving my old family behind but I know I will keep in touch with them. I start back at school next week after an amazing summer break!

No comments:

Post a Comment