Total Pageviews

Wednesday 22 August 2012

Summer Holidays - South of France

I was lucky enough to go to the South of France with a friend at the end of July, I stayed at their grandparents house in Nîmes. Their parents also had an apartment right on the beach of Grau du Roi, we went to the beach every day because it was so hot. It was usually around 35 during the day and 22 at night time. I loved the beach, it felt so good to see the beach again. There were heaps of markets on around the place, and a lot of people on the beach. The main difference I noticed between the beach in Australia and France, was the amount of clothing that they were, none. French people don't really like to wear clothes on the beach, it was funny at the start but after a while I got used to it.  The family I stayed with were so nice, they took me to see a lot of the South, and taught me a lot of differences between the south and the north (where I am from) of France. For examples the language is actually a lot different, they pronounce pretty much all of there letters, which for me sounded really funny, because in the south they speak with the Paris accent, and we don't pronounce the last few letters in words. They fed me a lot of amazing food, they had a fresh garden in the backyard, so each day we would eat fresh fruit and vegetables from the garden, and me and my friend would walk down to the Boulangerie to get fresh bread. My favourite place in the south was most likely the pont du gard (the gard bridge), which is a huge bridge which runs over a river, water runs through the top of the bridge and carries it from one side of the hill to the other. We could jump off the bridge into the deep waters below, swim around and there were even people kayaking. After ten days it was time to move onto another voyage (life is hard). I took the train to another town in the south, where I met my host mum and we started driving, direction Italy!! I will post about Italy in another blog. 


No comments:

Post a Comment