Total Pageviews

Sunday 8 April 2012

New Family!

Yesterday was my first family change, I was a bit nervous at the start to be getting a new family but feel so welcomed here. I live with my host mum (she's a doctor) and my brother who is 24 (studying History) in a 4 story house right near Lille, it only takes me 4 minutes to get to the centre of the city. There is a made who is here 3 days a week, Oh and I have three cats! My house is so cool, on the bottom level there is a little indoor pool, and a spa! The house has been renovated recently, so it is pretty modern. My host mum and brother are so nice, yesterday my host mum took me food shopping and bought me heaps of food and got me a key cut for the house. Last night family friend came over and we had dinner at the house. Today was Easter (they don't really celebrate it much because there aren't any little kids) but we walked into Old Lille and went to a market, we bought cheese, bread, and chicken and potatoes for lunch then came home and ate lunch! After lunch we went to La Piscine Musée (the pool museum), with family friends and my brothers girlfriend. It was really cool, it used to be a pool, but they turned it into a museum, and there was a Picasso exhibition there. Tonight I am going out for dinner with my host brother and his girlfriend to a Creperie (it is really cool because we walk everywhere, because I live so close to the city). In August the family is taking me to Italy for 2 weeks! I am really excited, it is going to be so much fun. This week is short because Monday there is no school and Tuesday and Wednesday I only have to go to school for a few hours because everyone has exams, then I just have one more week of school and I am on holidays! The second week of holidays I am going to London/Dublin for 10 days! I am having a great time in France, it has started to go so fast! I am looking forward to so much, (especially summer).

Click on Photos to make them bigger
 Flowers in my backyard
 View of my house from the backyard
 My backyard!
 The Kitchen
 Living Room
 Looking up the stairs
 Pool/Spa
 My room!
My own hot chocolate/coffee machine next to my bed 
 View from my window
 One of the cats (lost an eye)
 Bathroom
 The white house is where I'm staying, my room on the 3rd level
 Market
Pool Museum

No comments:

Post a Comment