Total Pageviews

Tuesday 9 October 2012

Lille 3000

Every two years in Lille, there is a spectacular that comes through the city. There are activities, music, art and heaps of other cool things, it goes for around 2 months. The first night opens with a huge parade that passes through the centre of the city. I was lucky enough to be in France on one of these two years and got to experience the biggest, most amazing parade I have ever seen! It started around 8PM, it was really cold in Lille, as soon as the parade commenced it started bucking down with rain. Lucky I had my umbrella! The parade went for about 2 hours as it went very slowly, but there was music and bands everywhere. Each time there is a different theme, this years theme was a bit mysterious and had something to do with aliens and planets. I had a great night out.

No comments:

Post a Comment